Sunday, July 21, 2019

Russell County Clerk

Mary K. Nuss


Fax: 785-483-5725




Q. How can I change my address on my tax information?

A. Address Change Request for Tax Bill Form  

4 Easy Ways to you can change your address:

1.  Email to:

2.  Mail to: Russell County Clerk's Office, PO Box 113, Russell, Ks. 67665 

3.  In Person: Russell County Clerk's Office, 401 N. Main St., Russell, Ks. 67665

4.  Fax to: Russell County Clerk's Office at 785-483-3158

And for any additional inquiries or questions call Mary Nuss at 785-483-4641.

Maximize Are you registered to Vote?

Maximize Who may be eligible for Government benefits?

Maximize What is

Minimize Upcoming Elections

2019 Election Information

Election Dates:
Primary Election: Tuesday, August 6; TBD
General Election: Tuesday, November 5

Candidate Filing Deadlines:
Primary Election:  12:00 pm., Friday, June 3
Independent Nominations:  TBD

Offices to be Elected or Retained
National Level

For all of the above openings, you must file with the Ks Secretary of State’s Office

Local Offices

(Filers as of May 24, 2019)

Russell County
County Commissioner District- Terms not expired

Russell CIty 



Ward 1

Ward 2

Matt R. Driscoll

320 N. Grant Street

Russell, Kansas 67665


Ward 3 

Ward 4 

Dustin Madden

765 E. 7th Street

Russell, Kansas 67665


Hospital Board Position #4

Hospital Board Position #5

Melinda Olson

17983 15th Street Road

Russell, Kansas 67665


Bunker Hill Mayor

Bunker Hill Council - 5 Positions At Large

Dorrance Mayor

Term not expired

Dorrance Council - 3 Positions At Large

Bill Rowe

215 Coleman Street; PO Box 33

Dorrance, Kansas 67634


Gorham Council - 3 Positions At Large

Neil Unrein

189 Chicago; PO Box 52

Gorham, Kansas 67640


Justin Soukup

108 6th Street; PO Box 302

Gorham, Kansas 67640


Lucas Mayor

Lucas Council - 5 Positions At Large

Lacie Austin

118 W. Walton

Lucas, Kansas 67648


Jean Stramel

218 W. 1st St.; PO Box 202

Lucas, Kansas 67648


Luray Mayor

Luray Council - 2 Positions At Large

Paradise Mayor

Paradise Council - 5 Positions At Large

Waldo Mayor

Waldo Council - 5 Positions At Large

Roger Eledge

203 Ola Avenue

Waldo, Kansas 67673


All 12 Township Clerks - None

Midway Extension District 15 - 2 Positions At Large

USD 399 - 4 Positions At Large - 1 Unexpired Term

Justin Frye

622 County Road

Natoma, Kansas 67651


Kristin Lyle

612 County Road 

Natoma, Kansas 67651


USD 407 - 4 Positions At Large

Kathy Wallert

225 S. Small Street

Russell, Kansas 67665


USD 112 -  Position 7 - District 7

(Ellsworth County Certifies to Russell County)

USD 299 -  4 Positions
(Lincoln County Certifies to Russell County)

16 Precinct Committeemen and Women- None

For the local offices you must file with the Russell County Clerks Office and are subject to filing fees.

Voter Registration

Closes July 16th, 2019 at 5:00 pm (Primary)

Closes October 15th, 2019 at 5:00 pm (General)

Advanced Voting

Begins July 22nd, 2019 in the Clerk’s Office at 8:00 a.m.(Primary TBD) 

Begins October 21st, 2019 in the Clerk’s Office at 8:00 a.m.(General)

Election Date

Tuesday, August 6th, 2019 (PrimaryTBD)

Tuesday, November 5th, 2018 (General)

Election Hours are 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.

All times are CST.

Forms for Voter Registration and Advanced Ballot 




Kansas Voter ID Law

Beginning in 2012, every voter must show photo ID when voting. A voter requesting a ballot by mail must either write his or her driver's license number on the application or send a copy of a photo ID to get a ballot.



  • Driver's license or ID card issued by Kansas or by another state.
  • U.S. Passport
  • Student ID card from an accredited post-secondary education institution in Kansas
  • U.S. Military ID
  • Employee badge or Identification document issued by a government office
  • Concealed carry of handgun license issued by  Kansas or by another state
  • Public assistance identification card issued by a government office

A voter age 65 or older may use an expired document.

Certain individuals are exempt from the ID requirements: permanent advance voters (voters with illnesses or disabilities), overseas military voters and their spouses and dependents, and voters with religious objections who sign declarations.

Maximize Voting Place Are:


County Clerk
Mary Nuss


Deputy Clerk
Teryn Yarmer

Andrea Ruggels

AP / AR Clerk
Kristi Whitman